On the Road Adventures

Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 10 Liard River Hot Springs



I hoped to see some glimpse of the moose we knew were around here, based on the piles of droppings everywhere, but there was no wildlife to be seen. Then promptly at 8, the two sea planes from the resort just down the lake a little from us came out and took off. Talk about shattering the quiet!

We packed up and moved 40 miles up the road to Liard Hot Springs. The Provincial Park there is right next to the springs, so we found ourselves spots, set up and walked the 15 minute walk to the springs. The trees are really lush here and it’s warmer than other places, possibly because of the springs, and the birds were singing their hearts out. I took some pictures, and then we planned to have a light lunch and go back in our swim suits for a dip in the hot pools. Between one thing and another, it was mid afternoon before we started getting ready, and as we were walking to the boardwalk that goes through the marsh to the hot springs, black clouds came boiling up and started to rumble. I went back to the rig because I was concerned that Gypsy would be afraid of the storm and that’s my story and I’m sticking to it, even if the little ingrate slept through the whole thing like a baby. Later I did walk out to the hot spring and got well parboiled.

No comments: